Riceviamo da Maria Paradiso e pubblichiamo:
Dear Commission Chairs, National Committee Chairs and IGU Executive members (cc: LOC),
- The Call for Sessions is now open and will close on September 9th. Any sessions that you wish to see included need to be submitted through the formal Call portal by this deadline. It will not be possible to accommodate any additional programme requests so please encourage all your colleagues to send their session proposals in soon. All of the instructions and link may be found here: https://igc2024dublin.
- It is not necessary to have the papers for your sessions at this stage. We will open our call for papers in early October and the list all of the accepted sessions will be published so participants can identify the session to which they would like to submit their abstract. Once the call for papers closes we will send all the submitted abstracts for your proposed sessions to you for review. We will let you know how many papers can be accepted and the acceptances will be decided by the session chairs. This will take place in late January/early February 2024 and we will issue clear instructions closer to the time.
- Please find attached a ‘holding slide’ advertising the conference and the deadline for the call for sessions. Please use it in your presentations at any events or conferences you are attending between now and the deadline. Also you will find a digital flyer attached. Please feel free to circulate this among all of your colleagues and national communities.
- Our social media account on Twitter/X is active @igc2024dub so we would appreciate any follows, retweets etc.
- We are actively seeking sponsorship for the congress and if you are aware of / could make an introduction to potential sponsors we would be delighted. This work is being coordinated by Vice-Chair of the Congress, Prof Frances Fahy. Please email Frances with any potential suggestions or leads (frances.fahy@
- An important point of note: The musicians/band Coldplay have just announced two concert dates in Dublin on the 29th and 30th August 2024 close to the congress venue. Hotel rooms in Dublin for these nights are becoming very expensive. However the Congress formalities will close on the afternoon of the 29th August. To retain the most affordable hotel rates, participants should plan to check out of accommodation on 29th August 2024. Post-congress excursions that are taking place from the 29th until the 30th/ 31st will include accommodation outside of Dublin. We will make all of this clear in all of our communications with potential participants.