Postdoctoral Position in Horizon Europe CCINDLE Project on Feminist Responses to Anti-Gender and Anti-Democratic Forces
In the framework of the Horizon Europe research project CCINDLE (Co-Creating Inclusive Intersectional Democratic Spaces Across Europe), the Madrid Complutense University (UCM) team led by Professor EmanuelaLombardo will recruit one full-time Postdoctoral researcher.
The postdoctoral researcher will be expected to contribute to the development of the project’s methodological, theoretical, and empirical tasks of the CCINDLE project. The researcher will engage in both collaborative and autonomous research work of collecting and analysing data on feminist movements and institutional actors’ responses to antigender and antidemocratic forces in Spain and Europe. The research work will be aimed at the preparation, drafting and submission of research reports to the European Commission, submission of high-quality publications, and organization of social impact activities in co-creation with civil society and institutions.
- PhD in Political science, Gender studies, Sociology, Human Rights or related discipline. Postdoctoral research experience would be an asset.
- Experience in qualitative (interviews, focus groups, policy frame analysis) research methodologies and analysis and knowledge of quantitative (online survey) methodologies.
- Experience in gender and politics research. Knowledge in feminist movements, intersectionality, gender equality policies and institutions, gender and democracy, antigender campaigns, and feminist organisations.
- Excellent written and spoken language skills in both English and Spanish.
- Strong interest in academic research, ideally proven through international publications and/orcollaboration in research projects.
- Ability to work effectively, both independently and collaboratively, in an international team.
What we offer
- A three-year and six months appointment, as follows: an initial six-month trial period appointment, followed by a three-year contract.
- Integration in the CCINDLE research team, with excellent opportunities of international networks with top scholars on gender and politics in Europe.
- Integration in the Gender and Politics research group (GEYPO) coordinated by professors Emanuela Lombardo and Maria Bustelo and composed of highly motivated and committed researchers; career mentoring.
- Salary: approximately 33.000-35.000 € (yearly, gross) depending on university personnel rules and research experience.
The CCINDLE Project
The objective of this project is to re-kindle trust in democracy and to re-invigorate engagement with democratic institutions and values in Europe. We plan to achieve this by co-creating solutions to the crisis of democracy, by designing and implementing strategies, which counter opposition to equality and democracy and by supporting citizens and activists working in this field. CCINDLE works directly with feminist grassroots activists and institutional actors, feminist and pro-democratic media, young Europeans, philanthropic organizations, thinktanks, and gender professionals. We co-create knowledge on i) anti-gender campaigns and how they challenge democracy, particularly through political violence and alternative knowledge production; ii) futures of society envisioned in feminist theories and how they relate to democracy in Europe with respect to intersectional justice, inclusion, and participation; iii) feminist movement and institutional responses to anti-gender and other anti-democratic forces. We focus on seven European countries with different social and political backgrounds, and the EU level. This knowledge allows us to better understand everyday practices of democracy and how the current backlash resonates with broader exclusionary tendencies and fundamental problems of the Western democracy model. CCINDLE provides for concrete approaches and tools to more effectively fight anti-gender and other antidemocratic forces, support the quality of democracy, and make democracy across Europe more resilient and inclusive. We put these approaches and tools into practice through co-creating actions including student juries, a network of intersectional feminist media across Europe, gender café’s, blogs, and other networking/dissemination activities.
Mieke Verloo, STICHTING RADBOUD UNIVERSITEIT NL, Coordinator
Johanna Kantola, TAMPEREEN KORKEAKOULUSAATIO SR FI
Andrea Krizsan, KOZEP-EUROPAI EGYETEM HU
Emanuela Lombardo, UNIVERSIDAD COMPLUTENSE DE MADRID ES
Petra Meier, UNIVERSITEIT ANTWERPEN BE
Conny Roggeband, UNIVERSITEIT VAN AMSTERDAM NL
Elena Pavan, UNIVERSITA DEGLI STUDI DI TRENTO IT
Olivia Ianelli, TRILATERAL RESEARCH LTD UK
Marta Rawluzsko, UNIWERSYTET WARSZAWSKI PL
Elzbieta Korolzcuk, SODERTORNS HOGSKOLA SE
Expressions of interest should be sent before 31st July 2022 by writing to email@example.com Please write“Postdoc CCINDLE” in the subject line and include in the same pdf: a motivation letter explaining how yourresearch profile and interests relate to the project and what could be your contribution to the CCINDLE team, aCV, a writing sample (preferably single-authored publications), contact details of two people willing to serve as areference, and a copy of academic certificates of BA, master and PhD.
The formal official selection process by Madrid Complutense University (UCM) will take place in October 2022through the website https://www.ucm.es/personal-de-apoyo-a-la-investigacion-pai-ucm Please note that the time lapse for candidates to submit the formal official application through the UCM website will be of 5 days and that the process requires uploading certificates of merits included in the CV (e.g. PhD diploma, electronic copies of publications, grants certificates, documentation of research stays and projects) through the digital platform.
Start date of employment: February 2023.
Informal inquiries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org